Professional Development and Events Assistant
|Agencies, Boards, Commissions & Tribunals||Administration & Clerical|
|Fluent French and English||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, September 23, 2022|
Our client in the Public Sector is currently seeking a Professional Development and Events Assistant to join their team on temp-permanent basis. This position will be working remotely, with requirements to go onsite to their office in Ottawa for events on occasion. If you have an interest in events and are passionate about building relationships and creating positive experiences, apply now!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with all aspects of virtual and in-person events, from planning to deliver
- Post-event evaluations, data gathering, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform administrative tasks for various committees, including scheduling and attending meetings; preparing agendas and meeting materials; taking minutes; following up on action items; tracking committee member terms and ensuring meeting materials are collected in a timely manner
- Develop and edit documents and coordinate review and translation by the communications department.
- Create and send post-meeting evaluation surveys.
- Assist with annual calls for speakers and proposals for program content.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a speaker database
- For in-person meetings, assist with preparation of onsite registration materials, attendee rosters, and provide onsite registration support.
- Provide support for member and non-member registration activities
- Organize/host sessions at virtual events.
- Provide high-quality, proactive customer service to registrants and attendees at all events.
- Host and participate in meetings and conference calls using a variety of platforms.
- Provide support to the project manager and manager
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-2 years of Administrative experience
- Bilingual in French and English
- Experience in events
- Hospitality experience
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week