Controller - Take the next step in your career!
|Permanent||From: $85,000.00 To: $100,000.00|
|Construction||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, September 23, 2022|
Our Finance and Accounting team has an exciting opportunity for a Controller to join an established Construction client located in the Ottawa area.
Our client offer a great company culture and compensation package and the opportunity to be part of the leadership team. Reporting to the President, the ideal profile will be a finance professional with leadership experience working in the construction space.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and guidance to the financial and accounting staff in line with Business objectives.
- Ensure the integrity and reliability of the financial information provided to internal and external customers, investors, and authorities.
- Manage a team of 1 direct reports, ensuing staff engagement and deliverables and projects are on target.
- Issue financial statements monthly, quarterly, and annually and provide benchmarks and key financial insights to measure the performance of company operations.
- Manage the receivables and complete remittances
- Oversee the Payroll functions
- Ensure that the Company’s cash resources are managed effectively.
- Oversee month-end close and account reconciliations;
- Ensure compliance of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Implement and monitor the Company’s annual budget process and ensure compliance from the various departments.
- Prepare and review monthly reporting to the Executive team.
- Monitor and minimize the various financial risks (i.e. credit risk, currency risks).
- Work with executives to ensure that their financial reporting needs are being met.
- Work with various management team to complete forecasting.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience combined with a university degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business.
- It's required to have recent relevant experience working at the controllership level to provide sound leadership and key financial insights to senior leadership. Having this experience in manufacturing would be ideal.
- Strong asset to have experience in the construction industry.
- Working towards or completion of the CPA designation
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are interested, please 'apply now'! We thank all applicants for their time, however only those qualified will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +