Senior Accounting Clerk Law firm
|Legal||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Less than one week||Friday, September 23, 2022|
Our prestigious client located in Toronto is seeking a Senior Accounting Clerk to join their team on a permanent basis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily management of workload for the Toronto team
- Provides support to accounts payable in the Toronto
- Review client disbursement cheque requisitions and trust cheque requisitions to ensure information is correct.
- Reviews transaction request details for approvals, completeness, and confirms the information balances in the Adrenal system before posting and payout.
- Prepares related cheques and out-going wires accordingly. Reviews trust accounts daily for fund receipts.
- Provide support to the cash receipts clerk in Toronto office.
- Provides overflow & vacation back-up support to Cash Receipt clerk.
- Answers inquiries from the assistants and lawyers regarding trust and accounts receivable.
- Other duties & project requests by the accounting department's Managers & CFO.
Qualifications and Experience
- College diploma in accounting or minimum 5 years work experience in an accounting department (trust, AP, AR, etc.). Law firm experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and terminology .
- Dedication to providing quality work product for clients and internal stakeholder
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional Customer Service.
- Prioritization skills in a very busy and multi faceted environment.
- Must be able to work both as a team player and independently.
- Working knowledge of Aderant an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
Any applicants who think they would be a great fit are encouraged to apply! We look forward to reviewing all applications.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +