Assistant Manager, Diversity & Inclusion - Permanent
|Non-Profit & Charities||Professional|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check vulnerable sector|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, September 29, 2022|
Our client is one of Canada’s leading non-profit organizations in clinical care. They are seeking an Assistant Manager of Health Equity to offer leadership and coordination to this critical content area in the context of their internal work. Reporting to the Manager, Health Equity, the Assistant Manager role leads the conceptualization and development of Diversity and Equity programmatic structures, plans and resources to drive health equity work and the engagement with internal participants. They will support the Office of Health Equity in building DEI capacity across the leadership team and the program. They are responsible for leading the organization toward an innovative, evidence-based approach to integrating health equity internally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position works to create and implement programmatic structures, supports and mechanisms to guide the Office of DEI Health Equity in its work in this area, including a programmatic health equity strategy in alignment with the organization’s Fair and Just priorities and directions.
- They will develop and maintain key internal partnerships related to health equity, DEI and engagement on behalf of the program. In conjunction with the Manager, they will seek and develop relationships with key external partners, including provincial networks, tables, organizations and stakeholders focused on diversity, inclusion and health equity and the engagement of persons with lived experience or other marginalized and vulnerable populations.
- This position provides direct supervision to the program’s initiatives dedicated to Health Equity Outcomes, which includes planning and overseeing their individual work plans and the delivery of these programmatic portfolios of work.
- The Assistant Manager will also work with the Office of Health Equity staff to provide direction, planning and support toward staff roles in each of the areas of health equity outcomes.
- The successful candidate will bring a deep level of DEI content expertise and familiarity with related evidence and research to this work, as well as an inclusive and collaborative approach that acknowledges a wide spectrum of differences in their partners and audiences.
- In addition, they will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate will possess a Master’s degree in health sciences, social work, diversity, equity studies, gender studies, or a related field from a recognized institution, combined with 5+ years of relevant experience working in Diversity and Inclusion
- The position requires extensive content expertise in the areas of Diversity and engagement.
- The successful candidate will be familiar with developing and implementing project-level plans and processes, as well as higher-level strategies and frameworks.
- The successful candidate will draw from extensive knowledge of DEI models and frameworks, including community engagement, cultural competency, anti-racism, anti-oppression, anti –Black racism and others.
- They will amplify their knowledge and experience through skills related to training and capacity-building design and delivery, which are required.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required in this position.
- An asset only - familiarity and experience using and coaching others to use tools, processes and best practices related to health equity, including the Health Equity Impact Assessment tool.
- An asset only - experience with mental health and addictions services or systems.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Master's Degree
Please call Barb @ 647-577-0775 for more details.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +