Warehouse Manager - Markham (Permanent)
|IT Managed Services||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, September 20, 2022|
Our private sector client located in Markham, Ontario in the IT Manufacturing Industry is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their company! The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of direct experience in warehouse management and must have logistics experience (shipping/receiving, coordinating).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by efficiently initiating, coordinating, procedures and personnel
- Implement a warehouse inventory management program.
- Establishing procedures and protocols to safeguard warehouse operations and contents.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting/onboarding, and training employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 year work experience and progression within managerial roles in a warehouse setting preferably in production or manufacturing warehouses
- Experience using an ERP system
- Forklift / pallet truck knowledge and experience
- Experience in logistics management
- Knowledge of manufacturing and employment regulations, policies, practices and procedures.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +