Financial Analyst II Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Toronto or Ottawa
|Non-Profit & Charities||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Tuesday, September 20, 2022|
Our prominent nonprofit healthcare client is currently looking to hire a Financial Analyst II for a 6 month contract opportunity starting ASAP. The ideal candidate would have 4 years of progressive experience working up to a financial analyst with FP&A
This role is mostly remote with some requirements to go onsite for meetings on an as needed basis. Ideal candidates will be located in Winnipeg or Calgary, however our client is open to candidates within Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Gains a thorough understanding of the business activities and requirements, including equipment, supplies, contracts, structure and staffing.
- Participates in training activities developed by client group to gain an in-depth knowledge of the functional accountabilities.
- As a financial business partner, provides guidance and assistance in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets, including process for budget preparation, budget compilation, analysis of budget submission and providing support to the business leaders during budget discussions with senior Finance management staff.
- Supports and facilitates business leaders’ efforts during organizational changes (procedural or structural) that support business objectives and provides financial input to operational business cases or plans.
- Tracks and monitors progress against budget and evaluates the impact of deviations. Develops a process in cooperation with the business leaders to track the budget, assesses financial opportunities or threats, identify key deviations from budgets and implement corrective measures.
- Works with other Finance groups to ensure that accounting and purchasing policies and procedures are followed.
- Identifies areas where efficiencies can be found with business leaders, makes recommendations and/or challenges them on other ways to achieve their business objectives in a more cost-efficient manner.
- Identifies issues and makes recommendations on improvement of accounting process and integrity of financial data.
- Reviews the cost centre and cost element structures in SAP and makes recommendation, if necessary, to capture the financial data clearly and accurately.
- Plans, develops and makes presentations to staff involved in budgeting, forecasting and financial tracking on processes and accounting practices to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Prepares business process analysis and participates in operational performance efficiency reviews with the business leader.
- Participates in the identification, development and analysis of financial and non-financial KPI’s. Assists the team to identify how process improvements will impact financial performance.
- Identifies and recommends financial KPI’s to measure program progress and efficiency.
- Provides input in the formulation of the Corporate Plan through financial forecasting for upcoming years.
- Ensures reconciliation of all financial records with external verification sources and internal systems.
- Ensures that SAP accurately reflects the financial position of CBS at any given time.
- Ensures that policies, procedures and authorization requirements are followed, and that non-compliance is followed up and rectified.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Must be in pursuit of CPA designation or have CPA completed.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong analytical background, organized, and autonomous.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (predominantly Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using SAP or an ERP for mid to large sized organizations is required.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are interested and qualified please select APPLY NOW today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +