Senior Project Manager
|12 Month Contract|
|Professional Services||Project Management|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Tuesday, September 20, 2022|
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager for a 1-year contract opportunity with possibility of extension.
Our client is implementing a major transformation program over the coming three years to introduce three major new payment methods (open payment, credential payment, and e-tickets), working with a complex group of suppliers and stakeholders to deliver a great new customer experience across the GTHA region. They are also undertaking a re-procurement exercise alongside the transformation/ modernization.
We are seeking an experienced and business-focused Sr. Project Manager, with a proven track record of successfully managing highly complex and large-scale technology projects. Bonus if you have experience in the public sector procurement or transportation industry.
Operation of a PMO and provision of support to the PMO. This service includes the design, implementation and/or providing ongoing support to the PMO in all of the typical PMO functions: planning, scheduling, reporting, document management, issue and risk management, deliverable quality assurance, validation and verification, resource planning and allocation, costing, performance management and governance.
**HYBRID: Must be comfortable working 2-days per week onsite at our client's office in Downtown Toronto steps away from Union Station.**
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders, shape project scope to deliver the right business outcomes
- Manage project execution and delivery of multiple project streams, including both technical delivery and business change management
- Establish strong governance and controls for large, complex programs implementing the appropriate blend of agile and waterfall principles and ways of working
- Drive accuracy of program reporting to program Leadership as well as Executive Steering Committee
- Deliver excellence to our clients through active engagement with client sponsors and project teams
- Work with various internal teams, including commercial, procurement services, legal, business and technology teams in relation to various procurement and subsequent technology delivery aspects
- Understand and manage the activities of vendors in various procurement related supporting activities
- Understand and manage a complex group of stakeholders
- Provide oversight for supplier and partner relationships and ensure program dependencies are met by both
- Build and mentor a team of highly experienced project management professionals
- Manage risks and issues in a well-structured way across the program
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated experienced in senior leadership role
- Recent experience in information technology strategy planning for projects of similar scope and size
- Demonstrated experience on quality assurance, delivery and report of KPI
- Demonstrated experience in risk management and risk mitigation in providing required strategy
- Demonstrated abilities to develop strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present to and/or for all levels of clients.
- Ideally demonstrated digital understanding/implementation experience
- Understanding common Industry issues facing clients
- Expert knowledge of program and project delivery; managing project budget with high risk and complexity
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience working with highly diverse teams
- A good breadth of understanding and experience within payment industry is strongly preferred
- Effective communication and influencing skills across all levels of the organization
- Strong vendor management, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong executive reporting
- Relevant degree in business or IT management discipline; specific to consulting subject-matter expertise
- PMP certificate an asset
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +