|Non-Profit & Charities||Administration & Clerical|
|English 100%, French 80%||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Thursday, September 22, 2022|
One of our top NonProfit clients in Ottawa are seeking a Program Assistant to join their dynamic team for a 18 month contract.
This will be an exciting opportunity given they are launching a new program. This individual will be a key player to bringing this program to success.
The ideal individual will have a strong background in administration and coordination, someone who enjoys supporting others and working with members, who is organized and is bilingual in English and French.
If you're looking to join a great team please apply directly!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative, coordination, logistical and information management services support in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Help identify and locate members for ongoing requests by directed emails to committee chairs, working with their team members, reaching out to potential 'leads', etc.
- Develop project plans to monitor and track progress
- Track deliverables and support the program lead in the development of activities
- Provide consolidation support by finding invoices for members, filing invoices, ensuring payment documentation is filled and updated regularly
- Design and maintain program operational processes using information and data management systems
- Assist in writing small pieces for the weekly newsletter and updating website content
- Managing the program email inbox
- Review/approve payment requests to consultants and expense reports prepared by program and project team members
- Ensure that all deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Liaise with program partners and members on a regular basis
- Contribute to the development of communication tools including the website, reports, presentations and social media
Qualifications and Experience
- Several years of experience in a similar Administrative/Coordination role or capacity
- Must have strong English communication skills; oral and written
- Must be bilingual in French, primarily oral requirements and some written
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills with attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills, tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Good judgement, initiative and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change, multitask and shift priorities
- Graduate from a post-secondary institution, preferably a college, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
This role will be primarily to work from home, however it will be a requirements to go in the office several times throughout the duration of the contract, so applicants must live within a commuters distance.
***WE OFFER A $500 REFERRAL BONUS, BECAUSE GREAT TALENT KNOWS GREAT TALENT***
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week