Manager, Pay Services
|Energy & Utilities||Professional|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, September 19, 2022|
Client Organization: Ontario Power Generation
Position Title: Manager, Pay Services
Reports to: Senior Manager, Pay Services
Location: 700 University Ave, Toronto ON (hybrid: 3 days onsite, 2 days work from home)
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $110,000- 120,000
Hours: 35 hours per week
BE THE GENERATION to help build a brighter tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) continues to set the bar for environmental protection, community involvement, and economic impact while safely keeping the lights on. Now we've set our sights on being a net-zero carbon company by 2040 and a catalyst to help the economies where we operate achieve net-zero by 2050.
OPG operates a diverse portfolio of generation assets, including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar. We are also a cleantech leader and innovator, offering challenging and unique work opportunities. Help us use our power to change the world.
The Manager, Pay Services, is responsible for supervising a staff of pay services professionals, as well as managing the information application, corporate payroll function, procedures and resources for the company. The Manager is responsible for the management and use of payroll applications and processes, legislative reporting and compliance, and delivering pay/HR administration-related services to internal and external clients. The Manager will participate in support of collective agreement bargaining, helping identify and assess the impact of changes and providing effective recommendations to guide decision-makers conducting negotiations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coach, guide, and mentor the pay services team
- Implement and ensure compliance for personal employment/termination contracts, special corporate programs, collective agreements, approved corporate strategies and policies, and legislation such as the Income Tax Act, Workers Safety Insurance Act; Employment Standards Act (ESA); Freedom of Information Action (FOI); Employment Insurance Act (EI)
- Ensure timely and accurate payments to employees, pensioners, and external third parties (i.e. CRA, Family Support Services, CPP, the unions, etc.)
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to external agencies (year-end T4/T4A, ROE, etc.) as well as internal-payroll related accounting requirements and corporate reporting requirements
- Liaise with internal corporate groups (Labour Relations, Corporate Income Tax, Pension Administration) to provide advice, guidance and consulting on proposed changes to collective agreements, policies and procedures and to maintain knowledge of current pay-related and corporate strategies, policies, and procedures
- Develop requirements for configuration and programming of payroll-related applications and requirements for interfaces, conversions, customized programs and reporting. Develop test plans and perform and/or ensure adequate testing. Develop and execute implementation plans, including training, change management, and communications
- Provide analysis, assessments and recommendations for improving the efficiency, effectiveness and reliability of pay-related applications and processes
- Participate in support of collective agreement bargaining, helping to identify and assess the impact of changes and providing effective recommendations to guide decision-makers conducting negotiations
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within Payroll, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team
- Canadian Payroll Manager (CPM) Designation, or in the process of pursuing
- Experience working in a unionized environment (an asset)
- Experience with using SAP software (a strong asset)
- Prior experience with a system implementation (an asset)
- Strong excel and reporting skills
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario's largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a fast-paced work environment. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to the province's wellbeing. At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don't change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might be the ideal workplace for you:
• Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
• Long-term career growth and development opportunities
• Electricity is vital to the province, and OPG's clean electricity is helping decarbonize other sectors.
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important and excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you:
• We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
• A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
• Opportunities to stretch and develop.
• Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
• Partner with Indigenous communities and support local businesses.
• We support employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
NEW CAMPUS! In 2025, OPG is establishing a new corporate headquarters on a campus setting in the Municipality of Clarington, located within the Durham Region. The new campus will include the existing Darlington Energy Complex just south of Highway 401 and a new building to be constructed on adjacent land presently owned by OPG.
OPG is exclusively partnered with Altis Recruitment for the hiring of this position, applications are encouraged immediately and should be submitted online. For more information, don't hesitate to contact Larissa Rowland or Amanda Tonus at Altis Recruitment: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who express an interest, however, only those chosen for further development will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +