Legal Assistant - On-Site in Ottawa
|Legal||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, September 27, 2022|
Our client, a prestigious boutique law firm located in Kanata, are looking to hire a Legal Assistant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
This position will require the candidate to work on-site full-time. The ideal candidate will have experience working in ideally corporate law or litigation, but all experiences are welcome to apply.
This opportunity comes with great benefits, parking pass, and a competitive salary with other exciting perks!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Opening, maintaining client files, and closing files.
- Preparation of documents, court materials, and assembly of documents.
- Filing of court documents.
- Maintain lawyer's calendars and scheduling appointments/meetings.
- Communicate with clients via phone, email, etc.
- Docketing and preparation and delivery of invoices.
- Manage client files and meet deadlines.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a law office
- Legal assistant/Law Clerk diploma/certificate is required
- A combination of education, training and experience will also be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of PC LAW would be an asset
- Must be extremely organized and be comfortable working with electronic documents; and
- Proficient in MS Office.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
If this opportunity interests you, then please apply for IMMEDIATE consideration.
Benefits available right away
2-3 weeks vacation
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week