Senior Procurement Specialist - Remote
|English 100%, French 70%||Valid Secret Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, September 16, 2022|
Our provincial government client is in need of a Senior Procurement Specialist to lead procurement strategies, procurement plans, interpretation of procurement and contract management policies, and manage vendors.
In this role you will led competitive tender processes to ensure compliance with procurement rules and legal requirements. You will also support development of evaluation criteria, selection of successful bidders, and the preparation and execution of contracts.
This is a REMOTE position. The initial contract will run from March 2022 to June 2022, with the possibility of extension.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides timely information, analysis and advice to facilitate implementation of EQAO province-wide assessments, consulting with senior management, managers and project leads to determine acquisition/contract requirements for logistical projects.
- Advises on operational and business plans for procurement, including development of procurement strategies, business cases and procurement plans, cost- benefit analyses, advising on supply options, changing business practices, and the preparation of solicitation document.
- Advises clients on the interpretation and application of corporate procurement and contract management policies, procedures and guidelines to assist them with managing vendors contracted to provide goods/services and resolve problems in procurement, supply and/or contract management.
- Provides advice and leadership in the competitive tender process to ensure RFP's comply with procurement rules and legal requirements to ensure that vendors have access to a fair and transparent procurement opportunity, within timelines, budget and deliverables.
- Provides guidance and support during the evaluation process including the development of evaluation criteria, review/assessment of proposals by clients, selection of successful bidders and the preparation and execution of contracts resulting from the competitive process.
- Negotiates or participates in the negotiation of contracts with vendors and service providers.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years' experience in public procurement (Ontario Public Service experience preferred).
- Must have demonstrated experience developing SOWs and RFPs; assessing and selecting vendors.
- Maintaining strict compliance with legal regulations and provincial procurement policies.
Apply Today or Refer a Procurement Colleague!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +