Librarian/ Archivist - Senior
|English verbal and written||Valid Enhanced Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, September 20, 2022|
Our federal government client is in need of a Senior level Librarian/Archivist to work on contract to support the development of policies, procedures and tools necessary to maintain a centralized subscription management function. This is a full-time REMOTE opportunity working from the beginning of October until July 31, 2023 with the possibility of extension.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collect and review all existing process and subscription documentation
- Meet with Project Authority to learn about work and discuss work plan
- Development of Policies, Processes, Tools and Documentation
- Develop overarching plan for re-patriation of subscriptions from around the Department
- Develop process for evaluating subscription requests based on a cost/benefit perspective
- Provide recommendations on appropriate governance for the subscription management program
- Develop, validate, and socialize policy on subscription management at the Department, that details roles and responsibilities, monitoring data usage and compliance around data use terms
- Create library of subscription information, including quick fact sheets detailing use
- restrictions, available resources, and instructions for requesting access
- Develop tools for tracking contracts
- Develop KPIs and monitoring plans for evaluating use of subscriptions and efficacy of the subscription management program
- Facilitating Meetings and Presentations
- Prepare materials for meetings
- Actively participate in meetings with stakeholders to brainstorm, provide updates on work and be assigned tasks.
- All noted policies and procedures above
- Tracking tools for managing contracts and data usage
- Monitoring and evaluation plan, including KPIs to facilitate ongoing monitoring
- Schedule and Availability;
- Timeline of tasks, meetings, and deliverables to be agreed upon with the Project Authority at the outset of and throughout the contract
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have at least five (5) recent years of experience working in a Librarian/ Archivist role.
- Must be able to provide two (2) professional references from the above engagements relevant to the Roles and Responsibilities listed here.
- Must have led three (3) or more projects involving Subscription Management, within the last ten (10) years, in the role of librarian/archivist.
- Must have a Certificate, diploma or degree in archival studies, library science or other relevant field from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Must have a valid level of Reliability security clearance.
- English essential.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +