Building Operator - Commerical Buildings
|Property Management & Facilities||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Valid Enhanced Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, September 29, 2022|
Building Operator Opportunity with Commercial Property Management company in Ottawa!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day operation of commercial/government building
- Preventative Maintenance of mechanical equipment and equipment inspections daily.
- Operating the building HVAC system, BAS, Life Safety System.
- Responding to all tenant requests.
- Performing minor repairs on the equipment (belts, ballasts, greasing, plumbing etc.)
- Minor repairs, washroom plumbing and minor electrical repair.
- Performing regular readings on equipment and utility metering.
- Winter snow shoveling/removal at all entrances.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform the repairs.
- At least 2-3 years of experience.
- Must be able to work well on your own, self-motivator.
- Must work safely at all times.
- Hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM daily.
- Overtime included with on-call rotating schedule.
- Must have good public relations skills with tenants.
- All work must be performed in accordance with the Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- Must be able to have a high level of professionalism, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must have a Reliability Security Clearance.
- BES I or II, LEED, and/or other equivalent designations.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: High School Diploma
If interested, please apply directly or email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking referrals! As an added incentive to show appreciation for being introduced to industry professionals we offer a $500 referral bonus for successfully placed candidates.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +