Accounting Manager - Fully Remote
|Non-Profit & Charities||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, September 29, 2022|
Great fully remote opportunity from anywhere in Canada! Our non profit client seeks an Assistant Director of Accounting for a contract starting as soon as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports the Director in the supervision of the Accounting Operations group. They are mainly accountable for the daily operational endeavours of the department as it relates to revenue, accounts payable, and expense management.
- Accounts Payable and Proceeds Management:
- Aid in managing the accounts payable and revenue functions and creates and executes accounting policies and procedures
- Supervise, audit, and manage annuities payments and legacy allocations
- Recruit, train, supervise and develop team members
- Aid in overseeing accounting operations teams in 3 Canadian offices remotely
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts related to accountancy are regularly analyzed, reconciled and that the integrity of the master chart of accounts is preserved
- Aid in managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable sub-ledgers, ensuring regular reconciliation and adjusting entries are recorded in a timely manner
- Bring any concerns to the consideration of the management of the client entities
- Financial Management:
- Evaluate and approve the release of disbursement instruments (drafts, EFTs, cheques, or bank transfers), confirming expenditures have been appropriately authorized and are supported by sufficient documentation.
- Manage accounts payable to ensure that payment discounts are taken, and liabilities are discharged as they become due
- Oversee accounts and loans receivable to ensure timely collection of amounts owing
- Follow-up outstanding accounts, bring significant overdue amounts to the attention of the administration of the client entity
- Regularly works with financial accounting to resolve deficits by freezing disbursements where necessary
- Tax Management:
- Make sure appropriate rebates are identified and reported in applicable GL accounts
- Ensure applicable taxes are billed to customers
- Provide advice and support to employees concerning HST, GST, PST, and T4A tax matters
- Aid in the interpretation of quantitative and qualitative results and in the presentation of outcomes
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree with a focus in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting/business work experience and at least one year as a manager of at least one employee
- CPA or in pursuit of a CPA is an asset and not required
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Call Barb today at 647-577-0775!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +