|Accounting||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, September 15, 2022|
One of our top clients in non-profit education is seeking an Accounting Officer to join their dynamic team! This is a hybrid one year contract to start, located in downtown Toronto ON.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing accounting reporting structures, general ledger report plans and creating non-standard reports
- Maintaining general ledger structures and coordinating account code and cost centre structuring.
- Deleting and creating new cost centres as required
- Coordinating and performing year-end procedures
- Developing and maintaining operational policies and procedures; incorporating software and methodology
- Changes, monitoring problems and recommending changes
- Maintaining security (access and passwords) on computerized accounting system
- Complying with external financial reporting requirements, e.g., federal and provincial sales taxes, Charity Information Return
- Assisting in cash flow and investment management; obtaining financial information for investment of
- funds, providing investment recommendations and arranging for placement of funds
- Reviewing tenant leases and agreements for financial implications and monitoring payment schedules.
- Identifying tenant accounts in arrears and follow up
Qualifications and Experience
- Post secondary education in the accounting field or approved equivalent of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Computer skills using financial software packages
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and analyze financial data
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum direction, set priorities and plan and execute tasks.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
**WE OFFER A $500 REFERALL BONUS BECAUSE GREAT PEOPLE KNOW GREAT PEOPLE!**
***Please Note: Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted***
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +