Genreal Labour/Warehouse (Brampton, ON)
|Professional Services||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, September 14, 2022|
Job Description: Record Center Specialists have to kneel, squat, reach, and bend forward frequently throughout their shifts. Their primary tasks include the moving, arranging, lifting and loading of storage boxes, bins and totes. Boxes, bins and totes range in weight from 24lbs to over 100lbs. Employees move boxes manually and via handcarts.
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm EST (including 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks.)
Pay Rate: $16.14/hour
Roles and Responsibilities
- Description of position and job requirements:
- Employees process orders and move boxes of files, books, binders, backup tapes and other materials. The work is very physical requiring the manual lifting, carrying, and moving/arranging of boxes while standing, stooping, crawling, kneeling and twisting. Employees must be able to lift and carry boxes ranging in weight from 10-100lbs on a regular basis, without assistance. Employees must be able to load and safely operate hand trucks and pallet jacks while walking on uneven and concrete surfaces.
Qualifications and Experience
- Essential Functions:
- - Walk, stand, kneel, squat, stoop and bend for extended periods
- - Work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push, pull, and carry boxes including up and down inclines, stairs, and over changes in walking surface/elevation
- - Read and write English
- - Lift and move boxes, read labels, and process incoming and outgoing orders.
- - Use the proprietary computer system to track orders and determine the location of boxes
- - Operate handheld scanner
- - Climb and balance on ladders
- - Lift and carry boxes weighing up to 100 lbs. without assistance for prolonged periods
- - Employee must be able to load, operate and move handcarts, pallet jacks and various other material handling aids
- - Load and shrink-wrap pallets at ground level, or on carts
- - Load boxes onto pallets and load pallets onto trucks manually and with material handling aids
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week