Accounts Receivable Clerk 6 month - Healthcare!
|Healthcare||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, September 15, 2022|
Altis Recruitment is seeking an individual to join our client in the healthcare industry as a temporary full time Accounts Receivable Clerk!
Reporting to the Corporate Manager – Financial Services, Financial Services Clerk will perform a variety of patient accounting functions including but not limited to billing, follow-up and collection of all insurance claims as it applies to federal, provincial and industry guidelines. You will be ensuring unpaid and partially paid claims are resolved in an efficient and timely manner; resolve and research Explanation of Benefits discrepancies; while providing patient-focused customer service and achieving the departmental goal of ensuring maximum revenue and cash flow benefit to the hospital.
This is a 6 month contract and fully on site Monday - Friday. This role could change in the future to a hybrid working model.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to patient and third party inquiries; research and resolve simple to moderately complex issues; correct errors and refer complex issues to supervisor.
- Handling account enquiries and monitoring denials from payers and making consistent contact with provider representatives to correct claim processing errors and to ensure maximum revenue.
- Review correspondence and rejection data from insurance carriers; post rejections, resubmit claims with appropriate corrections and documentation
- Perform reconciliations and application of all patient account remittance processes.
- May transfer secondary balances to appropriate financial class and provides documentation for processing the claims.
- Track and validate submitted claims, unpaid claims and aging accounts and
- Review, monitor and resolve delinquent accounts including the compliance with hospital collection policies, completeness of follow-up activities and accuracy of account information.
- Processing refunds of over-payments
- Ensure internal control compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements. Identify areas or processes for improvement.
- Provide scheduled and adhoc report of claims, write-offs and accounts receivable balances.
- Assist with month-end Close and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- College diploma in Accounting or Business Administration is required
- Minimum 2 years related cashier experience in a computerized hospital billing system
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems and experience working with Epic is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting demands
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve and initiate possible solutions
This role is starting at $22/hr. Apply NOW!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +