Office Clerk - London, On
|Professional Services||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Tuesday, September 13, 2022|
Our client, a top Professional Services firm, is seeking an Office Clerk to join their team on a 3 month contract. This office is located in London, Ontario, and the successful candidate must be able to work on site 5 days a week.
The main responsibilities of this role will include providing mail and courier support as well as assisting with special client related projects. This position requires a self-motivated individual with excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills who has a basic understanding of time management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing our internal/external clients with enhanced customer care within our Business Centre, this includes responding to issues, concerns, providing information etc.
- Checking the Business Centre database on a regular basis for client requests
- Logging and distributing faxes with the scheduled mail runs
- Receiving, checking and logging on the Premier Office all inbound courier packages
- Sorting and distributing daily inbound/outbound inter office mail including “Staples” orders
- Loading/unloading mail carts and completing mail delivery (2 times per day)
- Sorting and packing interoffice mail for prescheduled mail runs to other GTA location
- Advising client of rush inbound urgent packages and envelopes
- Checking mail without recipient’s name on the iClient and mail distribution sheet and posting unidentified mail on the “Notice Board”
- Sorting & processing of Canada Post incoming/outgoing mail including Registered mail utilizing the Pitney Bowes System, and performing general maintenance of mailing machine
- Utilizing the Premier Office database to check for all outgoing couriers, and updating with tracking information
- Preparing and Processing Registered Mail and Xpress Post Mail using the Canada Post“SendPro” online system
- Inputting domestic and international couriers using FedEx & DHL system and utilizing Premier Shipping tool.
- Monitoring courier delays using FedEx & DHL alert systems, updating delivery addresses and phone numbers as requested to expedite deliveries
- Processing inter-office domestic mail to the Canadian offices three times per week
- Providing key operator duties for photocopiers, ensuring paper trays are replenished regularly
- Monitoring toner and paper supplies and ensuring an adequate inventory is at hand at the printer stations
- Updating the client staff list/mail slots and advise “New Hires” of their mail slot location
- Picking-up courier packages at timed intervals throughout the day
- Issuing and maintaining inventory of daily security visitor pass
- Logging in and out projectors for internal and external use and ensuring inventory of projectors are up to date
- Maintaining standard supplies in the convenience centre
- Monitoring and replenishing staples supply in the copy room (as per LOS supply list)
- Ordering Staples supplies as requested by clients (orders are place once per week on Tuesdays)
- Checking and logging Staples orders
- Receiving and delivering large cartons to internal clients
- Completing monthly Health & Safety floor checks
Qualifications and Experience
- 1+ years of related experience
- Experience with Google Suite
- Experience with MS Office
- Previous experience working in a Professional Services Firm is preferred
This role is paying $20.50 an hour!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week