Accounting and Administrative Assistant - Hybrid Work Opportunity
|Financial Services||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, September 12, 2022|
A long-standing client of ours in Midtown Toronto is seeking an Accounting and Administrative Assistant to join their growing Accounting team in the Wealth Management industry. This full-time, permanent opportunity comes with a fantastic company culture and a great work-life balance!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support the team
- Compile, code and maintain proper storage of invoices, cheques, and other documents
- Process bills and expense reports for payments, deal with A/P issues, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L
- Carry out a full-cycle A/R - summarize receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinate monthly transfer to accounts receivable, verify totals, prepare and reconcile income and related balance sheet accounts
- Reconciliation of accounts including bank statements
- External audit assistance as required
- Provide administrative assistance and support to internal business partners, including weekly and monthly reports
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Other administrative duties including sorting mail, filing etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounting work experience
- Minimum 1 year hands-on experience with QuickBooks accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
- Intermediate level MS Excel/Word proficiency
- Experience working in a corporate environment is strongly preferred
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
Apply today by clicking below OR by emailing your resume to Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +