Manager Portfolio Operations - Financial Services
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Saturday, September 24, 2022|
Our client is hiring a Senior Manager to join their Vancouver-based Investment Resource Group. You will be part of a collaborative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial team. The ideal applicant is a strong problem-solver and leader who has the capacity to identify process improvements, can analyze data, and can add value to the strategic path of the team. The incumbent will also ensure that the proper operational infrastructure is in place to support several Affiliates in their efforts to deliver unparalleled service and support to the firm’s clients.
The Portfolio Operations team is a dynamic and energetic group. You will have the chance to manage a hardworking and devoted crew in a fun atmosphere. The team is determined, enjoys challenging each other, is diverse and unafraid to put in the extra effort to get ahead. We rely on cooperation and are always looking to face the next challenge.
Generous compensation offered.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Portfolio Operations Team, currently comprised of 4 Leaders and 24 Senior Analysts, Analysts and Specialists in 3 separate places (Vancouver, Toronto, India) who are accountable for the following functions for our institutional clients:
- Assets under management reporting and maintenance
- Commercial action processing
- Client billing
- Client cash flow processing
- Processing capital calls for our Private Markets customers
- Responding to client audit requests
- Data reporting and management
- Reconciliation of our portfolio accounting records
- Evaluating current processes and procedures, redesigning workflow to increase efficiency, mitigate risk, and increase the level of service provided to key stakeholders
- Confirming policies and procedures are documented, reviewed and kept up to date.
- Contribution to Senior Management meetings, assisting in the creation and implementation of the strategic plan, and resolving general management matters.
- Project management
- Managing and strengthening the relationships with key third party service providers
- Strengthen all new client & fund launches and migrations as it relates to reconciliation and the broader team
- Guaranteeing that staff adhere to and have a full understanding of all risk policies & best practice practices, and establish continual risk awareness in all areas within the operational scope
- Building, testing, and implementing new procedures and systems to accommodate changing business demands
- Managing and constructing an appropriate team of support specialists, including conflict resolution, recruitment, training and development, and performance management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Financial Expertise: Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Strong software skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Team leadership: One or both of the following: (1) management experience including tutoring, mentoring, performance feedback, hiring, training, policy-making and process design or (2) a minimum of five years’ experience in a back-office or administrative environment in the financial services industry with a record of increasingly increased accountability.
- Established expertise with investment accounts (RRSP, TFSA, RRIF, etc.).
- Completion of a CA designation, CFA Program, or MBA, considered an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Call Barb @ 647-577-0775 for details
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +