Onsite Support Specialist
|6 month contract|
|Federal Government||Help Desk and Service Desk Support|
|See Description||Valid Secret Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, September 12, 2022|
We are working with a valued Federal Government client seeking a bilingual Onsite Support Specialist to join their team Downtown Ottawa until March 2023. The client is seeking the Support Specialist to perform a variety of network incident/problem analysis and monitoring tasks, monitor network management systems and respond appropriately to user requests and problems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to client IT related inquiries by phone and email;
- Perform initial incident/problem analysis and triage to other appropriate staff when appropriate;
- Maintain liaison with network users and technical staff to communicate the status of incident/problem resolution to network users and technical staff; log and track requests for assistance;
- Perform first line technical support. Troubleshoot technical incidents/problems related to all IT components such as (but not limited to): desktop computers, laptops, software applications, drivers, scanners, printers, network activity, account access, etc.
- Remotely connect to client workstations to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve IT incidents/problems;
- Communicate with end users to ensure incidents/problems are resolved prior to closure;
- Alert team, management, and users of severity 1 incidents affecting the organization;
Qualifications and Experience
- 7 years of experience as an Operations Support Specialist working within an IM/IT environment.
- experience providing systems administration and systems operations support (e.g., setting up user access, user profiles, back up and recovery).
- experience performing software upgrades and applying patches.
- experience monitoring computer workload trends and making adjustments to ensure optimum utilization of computer resources
- experience in providing customer interface to ensure requested changes are implemented.
- Bilingual in English and French
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +