Property Accounting Manager - Hybrid Work
|Property Management & Facilities||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, September 30, 2022|
Our client located Downtown Toronto, is looking to add a Property Accounting Manager to their team on a fulltime permanent basis. In this role you will manage a team of 3 direct reports. The ideal candidates comes with a minimum of 2 years in a manager role within property accounting. Must have experience with Commercial or Retail portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop direct reports, providing technical advice as well as coaching and performance management to develop a successful team; and empower individuals to make decisions and be accountable for their actions
- Proactively identify and analyze opportunities for improving quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of internal processes and recommend solutions to achieve optimal results
- Ensure all financial reporting procedures and processes are in accordance with agreed-upon or mandated schedules, owner requirements and some customized approaches as mandated by specific owners
- Partner with internal teams including property management, asset management, and leasing to deliver a high level of client service and ensure accurate financial analysis and reporting internally and externally to Owners
- Coordinate with property management to ensure that Owner reports are produced accurately and on-time, with correct commentary; review the financial component of the executive summary and variance comments on the reports and assist as necessary in the drafting of the report.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, IPD Reporting, and other financial information as required to Senior Management, Property Managers and Owners, as needed
- Prepare budgets accurately and on time, provide analysis on monthly/quarterly basis
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly general ledger close
- Review income statement, balance sheet, cash flow analysis, detailed variance analysis, and other financial reports
- Work with the full accounting cycle, including daily bank reconciliation, journal entries, general ledger, recovery, accounts payable, accounts receivable, year-end billing process.
- Prepare detailed monthly variance analysis, account reconciliations, and CAM and tax recovery shortfall and ratio analysis.
- Ensure timely Government reporting and remittances, and distributions in accordance with agreed upon schedules
- Coordinate the preparation of year end working papers and financial statement to auditors and audit queries
- Review draft financial statements including note disclosures and operating cost statements
- Review tenant recoveries, shortfalls and recovery rates for actual and budget estimates
- Coordinate completion of final cost recovery billings and instalment billings to tenants
- Review percentage rent accruals and straight-line rent calculations
- Review/approve bank reconciliations
- Assist with the acquisition and disposition of properties as required
- Provide support to property/leasing management and senior management as required
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting/Business with a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting experience within the commercial real estate industry,
- ideally managing and/or supervising commercial real estate Property Accountants
- Experience in successfully managing direct reports and developing high-performing teams
- Strong understanding of accounting standards (ASPE / IFRS) and internal controls
- Experience with financial statement audits
- Reporting at a portfolio level, including lease and operations reporting
- Demonstrated strong technical competence in Microsoft Office applications including Word,
- PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Yardi is required
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +