Administrative Assistant (On-Site, South Surrey) 1 Year Contract
|Energy & Utilities||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, September 12, 2022|
Our client in the Energy and Utilities sector is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join them on a project based assignment slotted for 1 year. This role would require the candidate to work on site at their office in South Surrey.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Office Manager and Project Team with ad hoc requests
- Greet internal/external guests, maintain visitor log-in book, provide direction as required
- Co-ordinate meetings, book meeting rooms, prepare meeting agendas, and provide additional logistical support including ordering meals and preparing IT equipment
- Monitor condition of meeting rooms; provides instruction on the use of equipment
- Attend project meetings, capture action-items, prepare meeting minutes, and distribute meeting minutes to team members
- Create and maintain internal and external project contact lists
- Prepare IT service requests and security access requests for new team members
- Assist project team members in navigating project and organizational procedures and policies
- Organize and schedule training to ensure staff completes required skills and training in a timely manner
- Maintain inventory of stock items
- Prepare and coordinator large project-related mail outs
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years in a supportive Administrative role
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advance proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Fast, accurate keyboard skills
- Able to work independently with little direction
- Experience using Visio and SharePoint is an asset
This role is offering a pay rate of $22 - $27 an hour based on experience.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week