Program Administrative Assistant - Remote (GTA)
|Non-Profit & Charities||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, September 9, 2022|
Our client is currently seeking a Program Administrative Assistant to join their team!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides high level administrative support including hospitality, the flow of communication, coordinating schedules and events, managing calendars, correspondence, responding to routine inquiries and proactively gathering appropriate background materials as required; takes, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes;
- Provides planning, research, policy and procedures assistance together with analysis, presentation of data or reports and undertakes specific projects, as assigned;
- Organizes, files, archives and maintains records in accordance with policies on record management ensuring that key documents are accessible for both staff and volunteers including coordinating annual transfer and achieving of records related to the portfolio;
- Management of information systems for financial support including facilitating approved expenditures, payment of invoices, cheque requisitions, related correspondence and monitoring of portfolio budgets.
- Plans and coordinates all logistics for programs/projects/gatherings including securing up-to-date resources, managing financial support/requests and assisting participants as required. The National Indigenous Spiritual Gatherings that occur every three years is a significant planning event for this position;
- Provides administrative support to the various task/steering groups and committees including preparation (prepares, reviews, edits and distributes written materials) and follow-up, accurate minute taking, coordinating and arranging all logistics, agenda coordination and record keeping.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education together with 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative role;
- An understanding and appreciation of the diverse Indigenous communities, their values, faith, spiritualty, knowledge and traditions;
- Well-developed administrative, planning/time management, problem-solving, organizational and follow through skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time;
- Knowledge and experience regarding the grant process and funding cycles;
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Sharepoint, internet and social media applications;
This company offers:
Remote, but please note you may be required to go into the office 4-6 times a year (Etobicoke)
Three weeks' vacation
Benefits and pension, starts the 1st of the month from the date of hire
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week