|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, September 22, 2022|
Are you an internal auditor who is available for an exciting long term contract? We have a requirement for two (2) Internal Controls Specialists to join client's Assurance team. The successful candidates will primarily work remotely from their home office within Canada. They may be required to work onsite at one of our offices, to meet the internal client or team needs.
This role is best suited to a candidate with experience working as an Internal Controls Specialist in a professional services firm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create internal audit tools, approaches and programs.
- Assess operational and financial risks and prioritize areas of focus based on the preliminary risk assessments. Apply top down, risk based approaches to the reviews.
- Identify the need for and document policies, internal controls and processes.
- Identify objectives for the processes, systems or departments being evaluated
- Evaluate internal controls from a design and operating effectiveness perspective and document test procedures and results
- Identify causes and contributing factors relating to deficiencies in processes
- Prepare audit reports detailing observations, risks and recommendations
- Manage project economics and change orders
- Present audit results/reports to Senior Management
- Designing internal controls (impacting Financial Statements) program and approach
- Coach and oversee a team in testing of the operating effectiveness of controls.
- Be the key point of contact for the client for walkthroughs of control processes, controls testing, project status updates, and questions from the client
- Be the liaison between the internal controls testing team and the client, including for queries regarding control exceptions or outstanding supporting documentation
- Identify causes and contributing factors relating to deficiencies in processes (root cause analysis).
- Present testing results/reports to senior team members and to clients
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates require in depth knowledge of internal controls that has been gained through experience in business related areas.
- Candidates require in depth knowledge of internal audit that has been gained through experience in business or technology related areas. Candidates should have 1 to 2 years of internal or external IT, business process or operational audit experience.
- Government and public sector experience is an asset.
- For the Ottawa market, Federal security clearance is mandatory (at least Enhanced Reliability and ability to secure Secret or Level -2 clearance).
- For the Internal Auditor track, good understanding of the IIA standards.
- Candidates should have at least 1 to 3 years of business process experience.
- For the Internal Controls Specialist track, good understanding of the regulatory requirements (Sox404, NI52-109).
- Undergraduate university degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration
- Comfortable with Microsoft suite products i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio.
- An enquiring mind and audit skills a must (obtain audit evidence)
- Strong oral and relationship skills are essential to interact effectively with clients and drive
- control improvements.
- Demonstrated skills in report writing are essential, along with effective presentation abilities.
- Candidates must have a consultative nature, with solid skills in building client relationships and managing projects.
- Candidates must be self-motivated in order to work independently. We require individuals who have a commitment to providing excellence in client service, with a sense of responsibility and maturity to listen to client business issues, think through a situation, consider alternative solutions, and suggest practical actions.
- Good understanding of the COSO control framework is an asset.
- Professional designation desired (CIA, CA or CMA or CGA).
- Experience working with Google Suite an asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Contact Barb @ 647-577-0775 for immediate consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +