|Manufacturing||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, September 7, 2022|
Our client in the CPG Industry is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join their team in Mississauga! The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience in the transportation/logistics/warehousing industry and will have open availability. This is a temporary opportunity with a strong possibility for extension and a possibility for permanent!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Schedule, dispatch, track and monitor drivers using fleet software.
- Ensure route efficiency to maximize deliveries.
- Act as liaison between customer and driver and maintain consistent communication.
- Process new orders.
- Manage fleet to meet delivery expectations and customer's requests.
- Follow up with other departments regarding issues or delays with orders.
- Develop manifests for carriers to meet load departure cut off times.
- Monitor e-mails and respond in a timely manner to all inquiries.
- Monitor driver logs for any errors or violations including hours of service.
- Maximize profitability by optimizing rates and efficiency
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 1 years experience as a Dispatcher or similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills
- Highly organized and ability to multitask with strong time management skills.
- Experience in SAP is an asset!
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +