Policy Coordinator - Long Term Contract
|1 Year Contract +|
|Non-Profit & Charities||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Sunday, September 18, 2022|
Our Non-Profit client focusing on Energy Resources in Canada is seeking a candidate to join their team as a Distribution and Policy Coordinator. This unique opportunity is ideal for anyone with prior experience or Graduate education in Policy, Legal Affairs, Government Relations or Public Relations. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with an Association and make a difference within the sector. The role is hybrid and will require 1-2 days On Site near Queen St and Bay St in Ottawa. Apply today!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinating day-to-day activities of various committees composed of subject matter experts from across the country from booking, planning and running meetings to assisting with post-meeting action plans.
- Developing presentations (PowerPoint) providing the highlights of policy instruments for the purpose of briefing the management committees of the Service as part of the policy approval process.
- Assisting the organizational subject matter experts in the delivery of presentations to the management committees of the Service or other stakeholders.
- Preparing policy development analysis tools providing information on the requirements included in draft policy instruments (for example, risk-based approach and rationale used for the inclusion or exclusion of requirements in draft policy instruments).
- Assisting with data management including researching and compiling information for review.
Qualifications and Experience
- University (Bachelor or Master's Degree) specializing in Policy, Law or Legal Affairs, Government Relation or Public Relations or similar discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to competently deal with technical subject matter and shift wording into audience-friendly communication pieces
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite including Word and Excel
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- 2-3 years of experience working within administrative or policy related roles is considered an asset
- Prior experience working with Associations, Stakeholders or Federal Government clients is an asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00A to 5:00P
Location: Ottawa, Bay St and Queen St (Hybrid, 1-2 days On Site)
Pay: Starting at $27/hr (negotiable based on experience)
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week