Events Coordinator & Administrator Mat Leave Coverage
|Non-Profit & Charities||Marketing & Communications|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, September 22, 2022|
Hybrid role, requires you onsite at the downtown Ottawa location 1 - 2 days/week and for various events
Must meet their vaccination policy
Starting mid - ASAP an 11 week probationary period. To then be extended until June 2023
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meetings & Events coordination
- Develop and maintain a member meetings checklist to ensure all meeting components are accurately identified and covered.
- Coordinate as required the planning of Councils, Program and Committee meetings
- Provide aid as required in the planning and execution of Corporate Partner events and special Association run events: Centre of Excellence, CAMPUT, Hill Day, NLAD, Member-wide webinars, etc.
- Provide support with annual awards ceremonies (ex OHS, SE, etc.)
- For virtual meeting, duties would include managing registration, setting up the virtual platform, test run and managing the logistics of the live event and meetings.
- Act as the in-house expert on virtual meeting platforms.
- Work with all staff and keep a running list of upcoming events to ensure there are no conflicts and liaising with Communications to ensure they are listed on website and published in monthly newsletter.
- Organize all the logistical components for face-to-face meeting and events; such as RSVPs, locations and requirements; arranging A/V, room set-up and catering; and reviewing related proposals, contracts and confirming invoices
- Extranet User Manager (EUM) and Other Online Systems
- Work with staff to keep the Committee Membership, and Corporate Partner Lists up to date on a monthly basis, through the Extranet User Manger and Salesforce, inputted in a timely manner.
- Assist staff with creating, updating, and maintaining their committee lists
- Assist new and existing staff with their EUM needs for various committees
- •Support with online platforms related to Corporate Services and Corporate Partners
- Serve as a back-up to Membership Services Coordinator to perform tasks as needed.
- Corporate Partner Coordination:
- Coordinate the logistical and technical components for Corporate partner webinars and events.
- Work with Communications to ensure Corporate Partners’ events and webinar recordings are listed in the newsletter as well as on the website and/or YouTube
- Work with the Manager of Corporate Partners to research and find new opportunities for partnerships and ways to enhance exposure for existing partners.
- Other duties as directed by the Vice President, Corporate Services.
Qualifications and Experience
- A College Diploma in event management, office administration, office management, or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and logistical support (In-person & virtual): RFP creation, registration, hotel & A/V rate negotiation, ordering catering, BEO review and run of show creation
- Strong work ethic, highly organized with record-keeping, flexible and reliable;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work independently and take direction, work collaboratively and adapt to shifting priorities;
- Good attention to detail;
- Highly adept with relevant software such as MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat, as well as SharePoint, Salesforce and cloud-based corporate portals, i.e. CMS;
- Strong knowledge of various platforms: Zoom, MS Teams, GoToWebinar, Eventbrite etc. for setting up virtual events and providing related technical support
- Form & Survey Building & Reporting (Formstack, SurveyMonkey (Momentive), Office Forms)
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while working on multiple projects and events during peak times of year
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English – capabilities in French an asset
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
One to two weeks