Senior Project Control Officier
|6 Month Contract|
|Information Technology||Project Management|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, September 1, 2022|
Our large-scale transportation client is looking for a Senior Project Control Officer to join their team! This is an exciting 6-month contract with possibility of extension.
Individuals suited for this role must have:
• Strong proficiency in Accounting and Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to update status, risks, head counts, contractors, etc., against 20-30 projects – working with project and senior project managers.
Our client has mandating a HYBRID environment. You will be expected onsite 2-days per week at their office in Downtown Toronto by Union Station.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring program and project control procedures and policies within a program or project are executed
- Maintaining project schedules
- Developing and maintaining issue and risk logs
- Creating and maintaining project repositories of documents
- Preparing documents for various recurring meetings including minutes, issue logs, etc.
- Developing presentation documentation as required for project teams
- Development of management-level and client-level presentations
- Providing regular status reporting to the project management team
- Developing consolidated program or project status reports
- Gathering, reviewing and providing key program/project data
- Being responsible for monitoring and reporting on program and/or project thresholds
- Facilitating planning and scheduling activities under the guidance of the Program or Project Manager
- Delivering required controls, including communication plans, quality plans, issue and action logs, risk management plans, and change control plans
- Ensuring business and assignment risks are identified, monitored and managed to achieve minimal disruption to delivery and success
- Complying with standard policies and procedures and working across practices to share lessons learned and best practices
- Contributing to the professional community through production and reusable content from other projects and lessons learned
- Ensuring that the customer's requirements are met by the project and delivered to the agreed project definition
- Using discretion in identifying and solving problems
- Performing a broad range of project management-related work
- Making recommendations which may impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects
- Normally following established work procedures on routine work
- Escalating issues and inquiries as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
- CAPM or PMP certification strongly preferred
- Accounting experience desired
- Experience and work in varying project management methodologies
- High level conceptual understanding of IT domains (desktop, server, security, network, apps etc.)
- Strong planning, scheduling, communication and customer facing skills
- Significant competency in typical PM and office productivity software (Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Strong analytical acumen
- Strong financial acumen
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +