Event and Conference Coordinator - 4 days a week on-site
|Education||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, August 31, 2022|
Our client located in Ottawa is looking for a candidate to coordinates and facilitates the organizing of internal and external events such as conferences, lectures, meetings, seminars, etc. You will assists and guides clients in organizing their events and activities by reserving space and services, supervising the running of the event, ensuring follow-up with the client, and preparing the relevant administrative and financial documentation while ensuring quality customer service. The incumbent must ensure to maximize the profitability and use of the University’s facilities and services by doing promotion and sales.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Event coordination
- Meet with the client, identify the event’s general parameters and confirm the authenticity of
- the client and the nature of the event.
- Collect and itemize the client’s specific needs: interior or exterior spaces (rooms, patios,
- etc.), food requirements, bar service, logistical needs, technical support, equipment,
- parking and security, accommodations (group or individual reservations), necessary
- equipment (audio-visual or other), layout of the facilities, maintenance, price. With the
- client, carry out the relevant visits to the University facilities.
- Organize meetings with service suppliers and clients and attend and coordinate the running
- of these meetings.
- Develop cost estimates: collect all the necessary information taking into consideration the
- client’s budget and potential revenue generated by the event. Negotiate prices, products,
- services and necessary arrangements with the suppliers involved.
- Supervise the arrangement of the space and the instalment of equipment and coordinate
- the set-up. Supervise the running of the event. Remain at the client’s disposal, with the help of a cell
- phone, if necessary. Resolve complaints. Contact suppliers regarding complaints, as
- needed. Negotiate discounts and refunds as needed.
- Confirm customer satisfaction at the end of the process, make the appropriate
- adjustments to the reservation contract, acknowledge receipt of complaints, try to solve
- them before forwarding them to the manager, and do follow-up with offending suppliers
- (apology letter, negotiation of refunds, etc.).
- Assist the Manager, Food and Conference Services in the planning of the University's
- corporate activities.
- Residence Accommodations
- Make residence reservations for groups: gather the information for
- this purpose and prepare the client file. Decide jointly with the residence reception on all
- terms and conditions for reception at the front counter.
- Administration and Finance
- Be responsible for each client’s financial documentation, determine the appropriate
- expense accounts, approve external invoices, record them, and prepare the invoices.
- Draft the terms and conditions of the contract and discuss them with the client and ensure
- that the contract is signed and paid within the required timelines. Receive initial payments
- for all prepaid, non-invoiced activities, and record them. Keep the supporting documents.
- Bring to the manager any suggestions aimed at improving the quality of customer service
- and the smooth running of this line of business.
- Stay informed of all the internal factors that affect this line of business: physical
- renovations, new spaces, new services, new parking facilities, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Hold a certification or an Attestation of College Studies in event planning or an equivalent
- combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in organization and event planning and customer service.
- Experience in effective communication (by phone, in person and in writing) with the
- public, in both official languages.
- Experience in using information systems and software such as Windows, word
- processing, databases, spreadsheets, email, Internet, and Event Pro;
- Abilities in planning and negotiation and customer service.
- Demonstrate leadership and excellent decision-making abilities.
- Strong abilities in communication and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work as part of a team, under pressure, and to organize one’s work and the work
- of colleagues to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to adapt and juggle several projects simultaneously and deal with unforeseen
- circumstances and emergencies.
- Ability to think quickly and coordinate numerous details.
- Stress management.
- Work outside regular hours and work irregular hours during busy periods including
- evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 12 - 15 kg
- Bilingualism (oral and written)
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week