Senior Financial Analyst - Growth opportunities
|Retail||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Saturday, September 24, 2022|
Are you a professional who is motived to grow and develop with one of Canada's leading firms? We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for an immediate role within a fun, collaborative Finance team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning and Reporting:
- Create key financial statement accounts and projections and forecasts for specific locations
- Evaluate and enhance reports to guarantee they meet the needs of stakeholders
- Examine and accurately report on the financial performance of the franchisees and regions
- Guarantee stakeholders recognize and maintain internal controls and Financial policies
- Update and establish Financial policies and standards
- Risk Management:
- Recognize and clarify business and industry trends and provide advice and suggestions to minimize risk
- Proactively examine and evaluate Franchisees' financial position as it relates to profitability, equity, and cash flow, and provide suggestions to address concerns and take advantage of opportunities
- Strengthen and Accelerate Business Growth:
- Lead special projects for Stakeholders or Finance with supervision by Controllers
- Evaluate the short and long-term effect on profitability of Real Estate, Franchising, and Operations business initiatives and present results and suggestions to management and stakeholders
- Create high-level and comprehensive financial models to increase productivity, identify opportunities and evaluate risks
- Contribute to the creation of long-term National and Regional strategic plans
- Present value-added suggestions to Finance and Shared Service departments to improve profitability and processes
- Determine the financial capability of potential new locations and the value of existing locations ahead of transactions
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint technical skills and experience with larger ERP systems
- Excellent analytical skills including proficiency with various software analytic tools
- A passion for learning with a focus on continuous improvement of skills and growth within the organization
- A catalyst who will initiate advancements in the business and drive the right behaviors towards meeting our department and corporate goals
- Capacity to autonomously complete finance projects, including decision-making and ownership of deliverables.
- 2-3 years of related experience as a Finance Manager or Senior Financial Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- a CPA designation is an asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Connect with Barb @ 647-577-0775 asap for more information.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +