Administrative Assistant - Nonprofit Work from home
|Non-Profit & Charities||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, September 1, 2022|
Seeking an administrative assistant for an 11 week contract (likely to be extended) with our private sector client, a national non profit who's focus is on mental health
This position is remote, however the ideal candidate would be in the Ottawa area. This role will allow you to work M-F during normal business hours.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position is to support the Strategic Partnerships and Stakeholder Relations team (The two Directors). Time allocation is 50% Administrative Support for reach Director. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for administrative duties that support reporting requirements. This includes managing billing and invoices, tracking department budgets, inputting data into Salesforce, coordinating internal and external meetings, calendar management for both Directors, and other duties as required.
- In addition, there is potential for support for coordinating large meetings with external stakeholders (e.g. confirming people’s availability for dates, sending out meeting invites).
- Organize meetings (e.g. doodle polls), coordinate the booking of facilities, equipment and materials, etc.
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Process all billing and invoices for the two divisions
- Coordinate submission of expense reports, monthly credit card reconciliations
- Support both Directors in the maintenance of departmental budget
- Input contact information into the contact relationship management system (Salesforce)
- Coordinate all travel arrangements including air, rail and hotel bookings
- Assist in the preparation of agendas; take notes and/or minutes at meetings and summarize discussions
- Organize and clean-up of electronic files on SharePoint
- Liaise with other administrative assistants and other staff to ensure optimal project coordination
- Undertake other projects and assignments as required
- Occasionally support other Administrative Assistants for vacation leave etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced time management, planning and organizational skills;
- Experience taking minutes
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactively determines priorities and organizes work flow
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with internal staff and external clients
- Excellent knowledge of office practices, procedures and standards
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Flexible to ensure deliverables are met in an environment of changing/conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Works independently with minimal supervision and within a team, from a home office
- Adaptable, and has a keen interest in keeping current in field
- Creative and solutions-driven
- Diploma or certificate in office administration, or equivalent training and experience in lieu of official certification.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience (flexible)
- Experience with Contact Relationship Management software, such as Constant Contacts or Salesforce; Microsoft Project is an asset
- Interest in mental health issues is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Preference for bilingualism in both official languages (oral and written)
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week