Development Specialist - (Raiser's Edge)
|Non-Profit & Charities||Professional|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check vulnerable sector|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Wednesday, August 31, 2022|
We are recruiting for a Development Specialist role with our Toronto based client, in the nonprofit industry. This role, reporting to the Manager of Marketing & Communication, will be pivotal in nurturing donor relations and cultivation by ensuring a positive donor experience through stewardship, engagement and fundraising events. Candidates must have strong knowledge and skills in Raiser's Edge combined with database experience (i.e. pulling data, leveraging data to make decisions, maintaining the database, keeping donor records accurate, etc).
With an office located in central downtown at Yonge and Adelaide, this team currently works a flexible hybrid model, typically coming to the office once a month for team meetings. While they expect to stay mostly remote, if the model was to change it would likely be no more than 1-2 days a week in office (in the future). This role offers a competitive salary range, 3 weeks vacation, float days, pension plan matching, benefits, and more.
Please note: "The successful candidate will be vaccinated as a condition of employment as part of the organization’s legal obligation under Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and that the vaccination requirement is subject to the employer’s duty to accommodate under applicable human rights legislation."
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the CRM software is properly maintained, working with vendor CRM support, ensuring repairs and fixes are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all donor records are accurate, complete and up to date in the donor database, contacting the donor if necessary.
- Conduct regular database maintenance processes/protocols as recommended by the software supplier such as duplicate purging, record consolidation, address accuracy/National Change of Address updates.
- Importing cleaned data from mail fulfilment partners.
- Working with the Development team to set up appeal codes, packages and all relevant performance tracking codes as required to support the measurement of annual Development and Communication plans.
- Producing and managing donor lists and mailing lists while respecting individual donors’ wishes regarding type and frequency of communications, anonymity, form of name in donor listings, etc.
- Working with Donations Processing Coordinator to ensure a seamless donor experience through gift acknowledgement and donor experience.
- Report on donor experience on a monthly basis. Escalating as required.
- Work with the team to execute direct response campaigns through the development of data criteria, ensuring campaigns are properly tracked and measurable, applicable donation forms, response devices and performance tracking are in place in CRM database (online and offline).
- Ensure all new donor records are complete and accurate in the donor database and background assessment conducted to determine cultivation strategy.
- Ensuring all new donors receive a new donor welcome package in a timely manner after their gift is received.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-4 years of experience of related experience
- Strong working knowledge of The Raisers’ Edge
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a mature and professional manner
- Competency in computer skills including Word Excel and Power Point
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Confident interpersonal skills with proven customer service ability
- A team player with proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in fundraising, database or related discipline is desirable
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +