Credit Compliance Officer Financial Services
|6 month with potential for ext|
|Financial Services||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, September 27, 2022|
Altis Recruitment is actively recruiting for an Credit Compliance Officer to work on a temp to permanent position with our client in the Financial Services industry. This role is located in Toronto and will be working using a hybrid model - 1 day a week on-site.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the accuracy of the supporting documentation within credit files prior to the preparation of the official documentation and disbursement.
- Identifying errors with Retail Credit files prior to disbursal.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships and negotiations with adjudicators, bankers and management to allow effective follow-up of documentation required to complete credit files
- Accountable to ensure that all and any discrepancies in the supporting documentation is appropriately actioned in a timely manner that adheres to Operational Credit Policy(OCP) prior to disbursal. In the absence of a resolution, this position can decline funding the deal.
- Accountable for credit file compliance through adherence to best practices, policies and procedures and remaining up to date on all changes.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review of all approved credit applications to ensure that they comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Provides a turn around time as stated in service standard. Ensures attainment of service standard for processing of all credit applications
- Ensure that administrative duties are completed, monitored and managed resulting in productive departmental workflow and positive internal interaction with team members
- Ensure all reporting is completed accurately and within committed time frames
- Undertake other duties as assigned when required
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, real estate appraisal or Para-legal studies
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a financial institution
- Minimum 2-3 years direct lending/recommending experience with a focus on analysis and decision making with respect to the supporting documentation and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of Retail Mortgage Lending documentation and procedures is preferred.
- Must have the ability to multitask and adapt to shifting/changing priorities
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel experience
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +