|Permanent||From: $92,000.00 To: $115,000.00|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Tuesday, August 30, 2022|
One of our very reputed client is looking to hire a MicroStrategy Administrator who will be reporting to the Manager, Technology Services, the MicroStrategy/Qlik Administrator provides daily administrative and development support to client's MicroStrategy/Qlik toolset. The MicroStrategy/Qlik Administrator is responsible for maintaining the optimal performance of MicroStrategy/Qlik business intelligence applications, performance monitoring, capacity planning and tuning.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assigns junior-level MicroStrategy/Qlik administration tasks to designated team members and provides associated direction and guidance as required;
- Participates in key ISMS processes as required, including but not limited to Risk Management, Audit and Assessment, Monitoring and Reporting and Record Management
- Provides daily MicroStrategy/Qlik administrative and development support. Including:
- Product installation and hardening, version upgrades, patch management, daily system monitoring, usage reporting
- Security/user authentication
- MicroStrategy Intelligence and Web server tuning
- Project architecture
- Schema development and implementation
- MicroStrategy project/object migration through development, UAT and production environments
- The creation of MicroStrategy objects to meet report requirements (i.e. attributes, metrics, filters, prompts and reports)
- Provides senior-level cross-training, support and knowledge transfer to ITS development/maintenance teams and business areas;
- Leads and coordinates the resolution of MicroStrategy-related technical issues in a time-sensitive/priority-sensitive manner;
- Has overall responsibility for the design, implementation and administration of MicroStrategy security. Including object, user and report related security;
- Maintains relationships with vendor (MicroStrategy). Manages vendor relationships (including acquiring new patches, software upgrades, license maintenance and promoting industry best practices within organization)
- Works closely with Unix/NT/DB Administrators relating to performance tuning, upgrades and archive strategy;
- Develops and documents policies and procedures for MicroStrategy system processes. Maintains and documents MicroStrategy related data profiles/engineering and architecture;
- Maintains current knowledge of advancements in the latest MicroStrategy/Qlik technologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years Data Warehousing knowledge and experience in an Oracle 9i/10g environment; and a minimum of 3 years experience as a MicroStrategy Administrator.
- Solid knowledge of MicroStrategy/Qlik.
- Experience with configuring, tuning, upgrading MicroStrategy Web and Intelligence servers.
- MicroStrategy security administration experience.
- Solid knowledge of SQL (both programming and tuning).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral. With the ability to communicate effectively with users, management and technical staff.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Works well under pressure and is able to prioritize competing priorities appropriately.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to work in fast-paced multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work as a team player and leader.
- Must be able to work after hours/weekends and on call.
- MicroStrategy certification is an asset.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +