Senior Communications Strategist - Bilingual
|Agencies, Boards, Commissions & Tribunals||Marketing & Communications|
|See Description||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, September 12, 2022|
Our client, a regulatory body, is seeking a Bilingual Communications Strategist to join their team for a 17 month contract, with possibility for extension. This is a project-based role, specific details regarding the project will be available.
Their office is based in Ottawa (East, close to downtown) and currently are offering a hybrid basis 2 days in office *with some flexibility/caveats.* They are offering great compensation.
Reporting into the Director of Communications and working closely with the Project Manager, this candidate will work on fast-paced team to develop and lead communication plans and strategies in tandem with new projects.
We are seeking strong Communications experts holding 10+ years of experience, ideally folks with experience with expertise in issues management, media relations, stakeholder relations, and change management.
The candidate must be bilingual in both English and French. *Client is accepting candidates who can speak French well but cannot write in French.*
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading and developing communications strategies and plans, in support of recent developments and projects
- Creating internal and external stakeholder engagement plans, building strong and strategic business relationships with stakeholders
- Developing strong key messaging that is aligning with the organizations values and current projects
- Proactively identifying and responding to issues that may impact organization and developing strategic responses
- Assisting in managing communications budget, evaluating and reporting on plans
- Collaborating with Marketing/Communications teams and project teams, ensuring strategies are integrated
- Developing communications in support of projects, i.e.. leading development of corporate materials, messaging, digital content, collateral
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong relationship building skills
- Highly organized, strong time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Superior verbal communication skills in both English and French
- 10+ years of experience in communications field
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders and projects
- Extensive experience developing communications plans, strategies, programs
- Experience with issues management, acting as a spokesperson, media relations, developing key messages, news releases, Q&A's
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of digital communications and platforms, best practices
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
Apply today to be considered!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
One to two weeks