Help/Service Desk Specialist (On-Site Toronto/Montreal)
|Information Technology||Help Desk and Service Desk Support|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, August 24, 2022|
We are representing a highly reputable IT Services & IT Consulting client in Downtown Toronto/Montreal looking to hire a Help/Service Desk Specialist for a 3 month contract to permanent opportunity. This is an ONSITE position. Excellent opportunity to support clients and work with cutting edge technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide remote service assistance through the use of various web-based remote support tools when necessary.
- Receive and respond to service requests for assistance via telephone and email in accordance with each client's Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Process service tickets and assign to appropriate onsite technicians, or customer-specific internal service resources, as necessary.
- Maintain service ticket ownership throughout the life of the support incident.
- Escalate high profile issues to the Service Desk Manager for appropriate handling and routing.
- Actively monitor all customer systems and services and respond to device-down scenarios.
- Develop knowledge of multiple systems and processes in order to troubleshoot problems.
- Perform server updates and reboots during customer-designated service windows.
- React to onsite outage scenarios as necessary or as assigned by the Service Desk Manager.
- Monitor, record and troubleshoot customer backup status if necessary.
- Work rotating shifts as scheduled by the Service Desk Manager.
- Follow all other processes and quality standards as assigned by the Service Desk Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- 3‐5 years of previous support experience working in a technology / systems department directly supporting customers.
- Active Directory User Management
- Office 365
- Strong written and communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility for multiple concurrent issues, applying appropriate prioritization
- Current industry‐relevant certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Citrix, Red Hat, etc.) would be an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +