HR Coordinator - 9 month contract!
|Permanent||Up to: $54,000.00|
|Non-Profit & Charities||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check vulnerable sector|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, August 23, 2022|
One of our clients in the non profit industry is looking for an HR Coordinator to join their team for a 9 month contract until March 2023! This position is full time, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. It is hybrid, located in Markham ON at the main intersection of 14th Ave and Warden Ave. Vulnerable Sector and Criminal Background Checks are required for this position.
Reporting to the Manager Total Rewards & HR Analytics, and as a member the Total Rewards team, the HR Coordinator is a first point of contact and key contributor to the efficient and reliable operations of the HR team. This role is a specialized point of contact for employees and leaders seeking support with HR policies, programs and services. The primary responsibilities of this position are to support employee and leader enquiries, manage data in HR systems, process employee life cycle events (e.g. hire, leave of absence, promotions) and other employee data changes. Additionally, the HR Coordinator, is responsible for providing tier 1 HR systems support, day-to-day analysis, reporting and continuous process improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process employment related events, including but not limited to new hires, transfers, promotions, leaves, employment letters, employment status changes within HRIS systems
- Benefit & Pension Administration including enrolments, terminations, arrears management, and changes
- Benefit & Pension Administration including enrolments, terminations, arrears management, and changes. Identify and confirm eligibility of all staff based on their tenure or who have met the minimum hours or earnings criteria
- Communicate to eligible staff with necessary plan information and enrolment forms for Registered Pension Plan, Registered Savings Plan, and Insured Benefits Plan. Monitor and manage the collection of outstanding benefit premiums owing from staff
- Leave Administration including Wellness, Vacation Policy Compliance, and facilitation of STD application process
- Support the Compensation and Job Evaluation programs including position management, job code creation, and annual compensation increase administration
- Provide user support and education, password resets, troubleshoot basic system errors, participate in system testing, and respond to regular and adhoc reporting and analytics requests
- Assist managers with creating and assigning schedule patterns, and making timecard adjustments/edits in the time and attendance system
- Collaborating and supporting the HR team on special projects and research initiatives as required
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of experience in a Human Resources department
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
- High level of attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn how to operate and manage an HRIS system; Experience using PeopleSoft and Kronos is considered an asset
- Knowledge of current legislations, collective agreements where applicable and best HR practices
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical;
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +