|6 Month Contract|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, September 20, 2022|
Our large-scale transportation client is looking for a Solution Architect to join them for 6-months to start with potential to extend. Our client is in the process of modernizing their product & technology platform. Part of this process includes designing and implementing the new open payment and mobile wallet for their customers. We are looking for a Solution Architect that has worked on projects involving: Payments, Cloud Architecture, Micro Service, SOA, ESB, Application Services, and Professional Services.
*HYBRID* - A minimum of 2 days per week onsite.
Contribute solution architecture and design expertise to ensure the correct architectural, design and organization choices are met and followed. Responsibilities include providing solution architecture design services and oversight over for modernization initiatives to compliment the organization’s core technology solution.
Reporting to the Manager, Solutions, the Solution Architect will provide Architectural leadership over design and implementation of the Modernization programs including Open payments, Mobile Wallet & other related initiatives, lead and direct end-to-end architecture to support the most efficient, reliable, scalable and secure business to meet strategic goals and principles, including planning, evaluating, recommending and designing the platform to ensure applications utilizing it are cost effective, compliant with enterprise architecture and do not diverge from business and technology strategies.
The Solution Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting solution architecture activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a portfolio of solutions in response to disruptive forces and driving achieving targeted business outcomes. Solutions include systems (applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with various business units to capture high level business requirements for future applications intended to utilize the platform
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Product Management groups to ensure design goals satisfy business priorities
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Provide overall architectural oversight and lead the effort to document the architecture & design and ensure all artefacts are stored in the client's payment repository
- Ensure the projects are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture patterns and best practices
- Lead and collaborate with vendor resources to ensure overall design aligns with stated design principles and goals
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture)
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of architecture experience implementing solutions for large programs with excellent understanding of how to build resilient systems, that are secure and interconnected in a complex ecosystem
- Experience architecting and developing secure, scalable, high performance complex solutions
- Expert Architect level knowledge of SOA implementations as well as hands-on experience in application integration with major server platforms, network platforms with architectures and concepts and designing and implementing multi-tiered systems/applications solutions
- Strong hands on experience in software development activities. Must have experience mentoring designers and developers and providing hands-on direction
- Hands-on experience with significant Cloud providers' infrastructure and services (Azure or AWS). Experience with Azure/Microsoft products would be an asset
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Good knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS concepts
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as well as determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and overcome cross-functional barriers
- Experience working in an outsourced, vendor delivery model
- Knowledge of security requirements to ensure that application/infrastructure solutions reflect the availability, privacy and confidentiality needs of the business
- Familiarity with accessibility standards (AODA) would be an asset
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership, analytical, technical & presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and planning and organizational skills
- Strong ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations & partners
- Helps to affect change and expect success; plans carefully to avoid the possibility of failure
- Technical degree in Computer Science or a background in Math is highly desired, or an equivalent amount of experience.
- TOGAF certification an asset
- Cloud platform/technology certification an asset
- Azure/Microsoft certification an asset
- Agile or Lean certifications an asset
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
One to two weeks