Communications Coordinator Hybrid - Toronto
|Permanent||From: $60,000.00 To: $65,000.00|
|Provincial Government||Marketing & Communications|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, September 12, 2022|
Our client is currently recruiting for a highly motivated professional interested in making a difference for the benefit of the members of the Legislative Assembly and the people of Ontario.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal communications, including the writing and production of the Office’s internal e-newsletter.
- Coordinate production of daily media monitoring scans and distribution to the Office.
- Participate in and support communications planning activities related to report releases.
- Coordinate social media rollout and web content updates according to approved plans and content.
- Assist with all aspects (including drafting, editing and formatting) of the production and coordination of various media and supporting information products related to report releases.
- Assist in proof-reading, minor edits, cross-checking changes under instructions from either production design staff or writing/editing staff, as appropriate.
- Produce communications analytics reports.
- Occasionally act as a backup for the Administrative Coordinator, Communications.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in communications, political science or other social science. If university degree is not in communications, a supplementary certificate or diploma in communications or public relations is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a communications and/or a related public sector role.
- Demonstrated communications skills, including writing for communications.
- Knowledge of communication best practices and the media landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, organize and prioritize competing priorities, and the ability to multi-task.
- Well-developed interpersonal, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Good knowledge of government structure, policies, procedures and operations
- Superior-level applied knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and e-marketing platforms would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
One to two weeks