Senior Accountant - Great culture!
|Financial Services||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, September 29, 2022|
Our client is a dynamic automotive finance company dedicated to assisting their dealer partners to sell more cars. They embrace professionalism, ethics, fun and teamwork – and celebrate successes! They are one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies as to the Globe and Mail and Profit Magazine since 2015, and continue to grow each year.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join this wonderful team of 6. This is a hybrid role located in Etobicoke and offers generous compensation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Our Accounting Team is looking for an addition to their dynamic team of passionate individuals. The Senior Accountant is accountable for the execution and organization of the daily tasks to record the company's revenues, expenses, assets, and liabilities promptly and precisely. The Senior Accountant will prepare monthly and annual financial statements and contribute to the company’s annual audit.
- Review general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
- Coordinate year-end audits with external auditors
- Maintain an organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Carry out daily accounting work including, but not limited to cash reconciliations, check runs, payroll, accounts payable, etc.
- Prepare and file tax filings with appropriate tax agencies.
- Document and interpret financial information for management.
- Interpret financial information for management.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Senior Accountant requires a strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”).
- The ideal candidate must have at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with at least five years of experience in full cycle accounting and financial statement preparation, budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Working knowledge of mainstream accounting software (eg. QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, ACCPAC).
- Influential communicator: Ability to communicate complex ideas both verbally and in writing, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration for Canadian provinces is an asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Perks You Would Love • You have the opportunity to be a part of an award-winning, fast-growing company • Have a direct line of sight to the high-level workings of all deals • Work in an entrepreneurial environment that encourages creativity • Be encouraged, empowered, and challenged to be your best • Be provided opportunities to learn continuously and develop professionally • Work with a dynamic high performing team who thrive on the challenge to reach their highest potential just like you • Our innovative culture promotes ongoing learning opportunities with training and mentorship • We have a vibrant and open-concept office environment stacked with snacks. We are known to unwind over a game of pool, table tennis or foosball! • Competitive compensation package commensurate to experience • Our team is one big family, and we always keep everyone updated on important communication • Corporate discounts with over 5000 partners across North America • We offer extended health coverage with an additional health spending account and an employee assistance program.
Call Barb @ 647-577-0775 and apply today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +