Property Accountant - Commercial Real Estate
|Property Management & Facilities||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, September 7, 2022|
Our client, an established Property Management organization is Ottawa, is actively looking to hire a Property Accountant for a full-time and permanent opportunity within their team. Our client offers a healthy work culture, the opportunity to grow and strong compensation. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Property Accountant, or an Accountant who is interested in this field!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly statements for a property portfolio of approximately 12 commercial retail properties.
- Update rent roll on a monthly basis, set up tenants based on new leases
- Calculate and record amortization for fix assets, tenant improvements etc.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts.
- Variance analysis on budget vs. actual and prior year.
- Complete monthly Bank Reconciliation for portfolio, including preparing entries for monthly mortgage payments; intercompany transactions; bank fees and charges.
- Maintain tenant ledgers and make adjustments as required.
- Deposit tenant’s rent cheques and process of EFT on a monthly basis and update monthly AR summary for all tenants.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in commercial property accounting. It's seen as an asset if you have experience with commercial retail.
- Post-secondary education in accounting and pursuing CPA designation is an asset
- Advanced experience using Excel.
- Experience using Yardi Software is seen as an asset.
- Required to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
To be immediately considered for this opportunity email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +