Mortgage Collection Officer and Administration -On site
|Financial Services||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, September 27, 2022|
Our client in a small, yet fast paced lending company is seeking a Mortgage Collection Officer and Administration candidate for a permanent position in Toronto, easily accessible by the Rosedale subway stop. The company offers a wonderful environment with supportive managers, friendly colleagues, and are looking for the same to join their team. The Mortgage Collection Officer will focus on collections of residential and commercial mortgages by providing efficient and effective management of mortgage arrears.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers to accurately collect mortgage arrears in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow up continuously with borrowers to resolve mortgage arrear items.
- Ability to identify and implement successful workout strategies and repayment schedules to collect mortgage arrears.
- Complete mortgage payment posting.
- Accurately prepare pre-authorized payments where required.
- Accurately prepare and send out the appropriate arrears letters, demand letters, discharge statements, mortgage repayment schedules and general tasks associated with the legal process of power of sale proceedings.
- Liase with solicitors and real estate agents as part of the power of sale process.
- Update mortgage files with required comments ensuring the accuracy of current mortgage arrears status
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years mortgage collection experience.
- Previous mortgage default recovery experience with a strong knowledge of the mortgage default legal process.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills as it relates to internal systems and standard business programs.
- Must have the ability to work independently with a strong commitment to the work tasks.
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times, be a team player, respect co-workers, lead by example and always display a positive attitude.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +