Executive Assistant - AS2 - Government
|Federal Government||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Valid Secret Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Wednesday, August 24, 2022|
Seeking a Bilingual Executive Assistant to support a Director in the Federal Government. This is a full time contract for 2-3 months with the possibility of extension. The ideal candidate would be available to work on site. Ideally seeking a candidate with a valid Secret clearance, however, could be flexible to reliability depending on the experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages the calendar and phone calls of the Director; analyses, accepts and declines meeting requests; compiles and assembles necessary information and documentation into individual files for the Director’s attention and use; in a timely fashion, responds to and records telephone messages to the Director and send telephone messages on his behalf.
- Controls incoming/outgoing correspondence; receiving, sorting, filing, reviewing, processing and responding to correspondence, such as notes to files, letter, and forms; liaises with Director General office to ensure deadlines are respected; monitors actions with SmartSheet BF application.
- Provides general office support to Director and FGP employees, such as: maintaining employee vacation calendar and division phone list, filing, copying, faxing, couriering, managing and issuing of taxi chits, maintaining a supply of printer cartridges, booking of rooms for various meetings, organizing and booking tele- and video-conference calls, controlling the maintenance and servicing of telecommunication equipment and photocopier and office supply inventory
- Attends weekly management meeting, manages meeting invitations, look ahead calendar and distributes meeting materials
- Provides advice and guidance to FGP employees on administrative processes, procedures and requirements; assists FGP employees with the completion of various departmental forms such as employee reimbursement forms, manual ePars, wireless services form, etc.; ensures that proper financial coding is used and appropriate financial delegation is applied.
- Liaise with HR to ensure newly hired employees and contractors are set up with appropriate office space, telephone, computer, email access, security clearance and Access ID badges; prepares and maintains accurate personnel and training files for employees of the FGP
Responsible to ensure the confidentiality of protected information.
Assists Office Manager as required with ad-hoc urgent requests, updating SmartSheet BF system, staffing and establishing administrative procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 years of relevant experience as an Executive Assistant or AS1/2
- Strong communication skills
- Ideally a valid Secret security clearance but could consider Reliability
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week