Linux System Administrator (On-site Toronto)
|Contract - 1 Year|
|Information Technology||Network and Systems Infrastructure|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Wednesday, September 7, 2022|
Do you enjoy working healthcare? Do you enjoy the ability to positively impact Canadians? One of our healthcare clients is seeking a Linux Admin, responsible for working with key stakeholders in maintaining and updating current systems and networks. We are ideally seeking someone who is comfortable working on-site in Toronto. This role is a contract, with a strong possibility of going permanent.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support existing system architecture and must be knowledgeable regarding high performance compute and storage hardware technologies
- The ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and diverse stakeholders is critical
- Responsible for cluster hardware including installations, upgrades and routine maintenance.
- Maintain all core and research software, including installations, upgrades, updates/patches
- Maintain a reliable, secure network
- Maintaining robust backups of NAS/SAN, source code repositories, databases and server systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Honours Baccalaureate in computer science, engineering, or physics
- Five (5) years working experience supporting various hardware and software solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with the following software/tools are required: Linux Operating Systems, Microsoft Operating Systems, NIS/LDAP C/C++, bash, PERL, Python, ”R” and database development.
- Previous experience in cluster system administration (managing backup systems, system security, user management, etc.)
- Experience in high performance storage administration (RAID configuration, data management, NFS/CIFS, etc.).
- Demonstrated communications skills (both oral and written) are required as is the ability to explain complex issues to users
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Contract - 1 Year
Two weeks +