Sr. Database Administrator /SQL Server, Azure
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, September 16, 2022|
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Database Administrator to join our IT Consulting industry client focused on supporting organizations in government and public sector space in Canada.
You will manage production database environments and be responsible for managing and implementing
changes and releases to production environment. Occasional overtime (every 4 weeks) will be required for off hour on call production support.
Location: Toronto downtown
Work type: Hybrid with approximately 40% of work done on-site
Base salary: $90,000 - 117,000 per year (depending on skills and experience) +
other perks include annual bonus, excellent benefits, vacation, and personal days
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure system availability 7/24 to critical Enterprise Application database
- Installation of Microsoft SQL (primarily) and Oracle databases and associated data replication solutions
- Configuring databases for mission critical, highly available and high throughput applications
- Provide direction on database environments to ensure a high-level of performance, including underlying storage, network, and server infrastructure
- Identify database environment gaps and implement improvements to database procedures and infrastructure scripts (monitoring, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, database refresh etc.), including automation/self-service ideas
- Perform design evaluations for migration strategies for on-premises Microsoft SQL (primarily) and Oracle databases to cloud
- Migrate DBMS systems to Cloud
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in database administration utilizing Microsoft database solutions (SQL Server) in a large corporate environment
- Experience with Azure cloud platform (migration to Azure experience is preferred)
- Certifications in Oracle / Microsoft database technologies is an asset
- Experience in Oracle database administration is an asset
- Experience with Service Now, SolarWinds, Commvault, AppDynamics, Control-M tools is desired
- Understanding and experience of DevOps, ITIL and ITSM foundation frameworks is an asset
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Linux and Aix operations is an asset
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
3 year Contract
Two weeks +