Director of Human Rights
|Legal||Executive & Management|
|Fluent French and English||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, September 27, 2022|
We are currently hiring a Director of Human Rights for our clients, a National organization.
This person will be responsible for the strategic planning, development and direction of the work of the organization, specifically focusing on creating a comprehensive approach to Diversity & Inclusion, anti-racism, oppression prevention, and Human Rights from a social justice perspective.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior Executives and management teams to foster a human right-centered workplace culture, leading the development implementation of Human Rights and oppression prevention programs, policies, training and activity planning.
- Provide strategic leadership to promote progressive values, principles on Human Rights from a social justice perspective.
- Make recommendation, oversee the development and the implementation of strategies and training to build organizational capacity to respond to incidents, to develop awareness and the understanding of conflict management in Human Rights issues.
- Provide consultation and interpretation of policy, rules, or legislation in those areas, and formulates recommendations.
- Develop mechanisms to respond to racist and discriminatory incidents and complaints.
- Employee relations and management of a small team.
- Supports union management relations, and facilitates grievance resolution.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in law, industrial relations, social policy, public administration or related field.
- 10 years of experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge in Human Rights, law, and labour relations.
- Management experience of direct reports.
- Be fluently bilingual in English and French.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
- This position is required to work on-site full time at their downtown Ottawa office. - Pension available after a 6 month waiting period.
- Health benefits available from day 1, most is 100% paid by employer
- Bilingual bonus - Parking reimbursement of $100 monthly, or the organization pays for a full bus pass - Recreational allowances - Vacation is 15 days
- In accordance with our client's Employment Equity Plan, the successful candidate for this appointment will be given to a qualified woman who is Indigenous or a racially visible person.
-Relocation expenses are covered.
Please call Barb @ 647-577-0775 for more details.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +