Director of Legal Services - Labour Relations
|Fluent French and English||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, September 23, 2022|
We're currently hiring a Director of Legal Services for our client, a National unionized environment in Ottawa.
This Director is going to be responsible for working with the Executive team, provide consultation on day to day operations and strategic planning on the union's work, and creating policies, processes and systems. This person is also responsible for the management, administration and operational success of the legal team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in organizational strategic planning, implementation and evaluation processes.
- Design, recommend and implement policies, plans and processes relating to member representation and legal services.
- Provide instructions to external counsel and direction on legal files.
- Establish and maintain labour relations practices.
- Manage a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Represent the organization in external and internal meetings.
- Oversee negotiations.
- Provide support and guidance to managers.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in industrial or labour relations, labour law or public administration.
- Extensive experience in labour relations.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French.
- Management experience of medium to large teams.
- Experience in the development and implementation of communication strategies.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
- This position is required to work on-site full time at their downtown Ottawa office. - Pension available after a 6 month waiting period.
- Health benefits available from day 1, most is 100% paid by employer
- Bilingual bonus - Parking reimbursement of $100 monthly, or the organization pays for a full bus pass - Recreational allowances - Vacation is 15 days
- In accordance with our clients Employment Equity Plan, the successful candidate for this appointment will be given to a qualified racially visible person.
-Relocation expenses are covered.
Please call Barb @ 647-577-0775 for more details.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +