Public Affairs Officer - Fluently Bilingual
|Non-Profit & Charities||Professional|
|See Description||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, August 23, 2022|
Our client, an established national non-profit organization, is seeking a Public Affairs Officer on a permanent basis.
In this position you will be developing contacts and building relationships with key stakeholders while influencing parties in support of the organizations goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a grass-roots advocacy network to educate and influence key stakeholders and representatives
- Support to establish, develop, and strengthen partnerships with other like-minded associations and interest groups
- Support the implementation of government relations strategies towards targeted provincial governments
- Develop contacts and build relationships with Members of Parliament and their staff, policy and research advisors in party secretariats, and key officials in targeted federal ministries
- Develop contacts and build relationships with elected representatives and non-elected officials in targeted provincial governments
- Nurture and grow the organization's network of stakeholder advocacy and grassroots groups to raise awareness and influence public policy at all levels of government
- Collaborate across multiple departments to draft federal and provincial pre-budget submissions
- Develop a federal election readiness action plan in cooperation with the Director.
- Contribute to public affairs content for website and publications.
- Act as a committee liaison and contribute material for Executive and Board of Directors meetings.
- Provide public affairs and communications insight to organizations task forces and working groups where required
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluently bilingual in French and English
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English and French
- Government and Political advocacy
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in a similar role
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +