Payroll Associate Toronto - Hybrid
|Provincial Government||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, August 4, 2022|
Our client located in Downtown Toronto is currently looking for a Payroll Associate to join their team. This is a contract role until March 31, 2023 and hours will be full-time Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To support the processing of the payroll through the primary review of staff time and attendance transactions for all hourly, salary, part time union/non-union employees and to assist with other payroll activities as required.
- Reviews all payroll inputs via Time and Attendance system (e.g. electronic time sheets, records of employee hours) submitted by employees to ensure accuracy and completeness (e.g, overtime, shift premiums, on-call hours, and statutory holidays) and ensures alignment with the corresponding collective agreement.
- Facilitates the bi-weekly pay close by working with Employees/Timekeepers and Managers to ensure timesheets are submitted in a timely and accurate manner aligned with pay period close deadlines.
- Assists with any required adjustment entries to employee time and attendance to ensure alignment to the Collective Agreement and Company Policy for hours worked and time off.
- Assists with educating Employees/Managers/Timekeepers on how to appropriately enter time into the Time and Attendance system so hours are properly captured.
- Provides support to the Payroll Specialist on entering basic employee/payroll data into the Payroll system as required (i.e. address changes, cost centre changes etc.)
- Acts as a point of escalation for payroll inquiries and plays an active role in reviewing inquiries sent to the Payroll Inbox and investigates, taking necessary actions to bring to a timely resolution. Enquiries range from discrepancies in pay, coding of time entry for hours worked, questions on accrual balances re: vacation, overtime, etc.
- Provides advice and guidance to Department Timekeepers regarding internal policies/procedures on the recording of staff transactions;
- Collects Payroll mail and distributes accordingly.
- Maintains hard copy files of payroll documents;
- Provides assistance on projects related to the development and implementation of payroll procedures, systems and practices.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in accounting or business
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in processing a full cycle payroll in a multi-union and multi-location
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal and written.
- Proficient with various computerized payroll systems, and MS Office software including: ADP Workforce Now, Workday ( time and absence modules), Report Writer Word, Excel and database management applications;
- Knowledge of all payroll and applicable legislative requirements;
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +